Argonne National Laboratory is building a dynamic microbiology team to pursue cutting-edge research in microbial systems biology. We are seeking several microbiologists interested in becoming part of this team as well as the larger established team of computational and structural biologists at Argonne. To be successful in this role the successful candidate should possess:
• The expertise to develop a robust extramurally-funded research program preferably focused on current and future topics of interest to the Department of Energy such as carbon and nutrient cycling, bioenergy, and bioremediation,
• The ability to apply systems approaches to microbial problems,
• The ability to combine both experimental and computational approaches to answering
• A demonstrated ability to publish in recognized journals, and
• A record of conducting research in a collaborative framework.
Argonne offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. US citizenship is not required. A joint appointment at a regional university may be possible depending on the particular applicant.
A PhD in Microbiology or related fields is required. To apply please go to our website at www.anl.gov/careers, requisition # 320165. Argonne is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we value diversity in our workforce.